How One Ordinary Mom, 32, Became The Country’s Biggest Cleanfluencer With Millions Of Adoring Fans – As She Reveals Her Secret To Making The House Perfect For Guests In 10 MINUTES
- Cleaning queen Chantel Mila has shared how she became an internet sensation
- The mother of two goes by Mama Mila online and has almost 2 million followers
- Chantel, 36, started with an audience of just 14 people during the first lockdown
- Melbourne’s mom grew her following in two years with her informative videos
- She also shared her 10-minute cleaning routine before the guests arrive
Australia’s most popular ‘cleaning queen’ has shared how she became an internet sensation in just two years — sharing her simple tricks for a sparkling home that won’t break the bank.
Chantel Mila passing by Mama Mila online, has developed a loyal combined following of more than 1.8 million people on TikTok and Instagram for the past two years for her handy cleaning, styling, and DIY hacks.
The Melbourne mum-of-two, 32, shared how she keeps her home looking immaculately clean and tidy in just ten minutes when guests announce a visit at short notice.
Chantel Mila (pictured), better known as Mama Mila, reveals how she became the biggest cleaning queen in the country and shares how to make the house look sparkling in 10 minutes beforehand
How to make Mama Mila’s three-ingredient stovetop potpourri
Mama Mila’s trick to make your house smell divine
What you need:
- 1 lemon
- 4 sprigs of rosemary
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
Bring two cups of water to the boil
Cut the lemon
Add all ingredients to the pot
Simmer and let the fragrance fill the house
Fill the pot with extra water if needed
She said she starts with a vacuum cleaner and gives the bathrooms a quick clean, then shared her homemade potpourri recipe for the stovetop to make the house smell divine.
“Start with the area that entertains you — clean up the mess and vacuum the area quickly,” she told FEMAIL.
Next, Chantel told her to go to the bathrooms to quickly wipe them down and make sure they are cleared of any clutter stored out of sight.
“The last thing I like to do is make a quick potpourri on the stovetop by boiling water, lemon slices, rosemary and vanilla on the stovetop. It makes your whole house smell great really fast,” she said.
Secrets of a cleaning queen: how Mama Mila keeps her house running smoothly every week
BUY MY FIVE DESERT ISLAND CLEANING
I love making my own DIY cleaning supplies and often the DIYers use simple, household ingredients that can be found in every pantry! My best cleaning products include baking soda, white vinegar, lemons, tea tree oil, and lavender essential oil.
MY THREE LITTLE KNOWN CLEANING SECRETS
1. Denture tablets are a top secret cleanser. They can whiten your toilets, whiten clothes, whiten bathroom sinks – they are amazing!
2. Putting on your favorite song while cleaning is an easy way to make cleaning fun. I ask my Amazon Echo Show 15 to put on my 10-minute “clean up playlist” and try to make cleaning as enjoyable as possible. You will be amazed at how much you can do!
3. Spilled red wine can be quickly removed with club soda. It’s the best way to lift it off your carpet or clothes without staining.
Our weeks can be a constant juggling between work and family obligations. Us Amazon Echo Show 15 has been an absolute game changer in our home and helps us stay organized during the week.
We’ve adapted our screen to display our shopping and to-do lists so I can see what’s on the agenda for the day while drinking my morning tea, and the family calendar helps us stay on top of the child’s activities, important school dates, our appointments and business meetings.
Melbourne mother of two started posting cleaning videos during the first lockdown with an online audience of just 14 people and now has a combined following of 1.8 million
This is how you clean your bathroom perfectly
1. Clean wall tiles with a flat microfibre mop! It helps to reach high areas and cleans them quickly and easily
2. Make bathroom sinks shine by soaking them with two prosthetic tablets before cleaning
3. Remove odors around your toilet by mopping with shaving cream
4. Make your showers sparkly with a mix of 1 cup water, 1/4 cup white vinegar and 10 drops of tea tree oil. Spray, wait 10 minutes and rinse
5. Clean bathtub rings easily with a sliced lemon and baking soda. Just rub to remove rings quickly!
Chantel started posting cleaning videos during the Victorian capital’s first lockdown with an online audience of just 14 people.
“The house was not only a workplace, but also a nursery, an art studio, a school and at the end of the day it was so hard to find peace in that cluttered space, so I started sharing tips and tricks for the home to small pockets create an oasis around the house,’ she said.
“One of the first cleaning videos I posted that was incredibly popular was ‘How to make your bed smell like a dream for the best night’s sleep’. I posted it around May 2020 and couldn’t believe the millions of people who saw it, tried it and loved it.” the
Chantel’s views ran into the millions and the following grew to hundreds of thousands as she shared more of her home and cleaning hacks and it wasn’t long before she was able to make a lucrative career on social media.
Today, the cleaning and organization guru enlists the help of her fans to get the tips and tricks for the home.
“Many of the videos I post are requests from the public, and I really listen to what they want to see to make sure I’m always providing helpful and relevant tips and tricks,” she said.
#Chantel #Mila #aka #Mama #Mila #shares #cleaning #secrets #home #perfect #minutes