A British woman who claims to have been ‘raped’ by Oscar-winning film director Paul Haggis asked him to give her a part in a James Bond movie, it has been claimed.
The unidentified 30-year-old was found in a dire condition last week and told police she had been held for 48 hours in an Italian bed and breakfast and assaulted by him before being dumped at an airport.
Haggis, who appeared in court on Wednesday, has denied any wrongdoing and his lawyer Michele Laforgia has maintained that sex between the couple was consensual.
Haggis, who co-wrote, directed and produced Crash, which won the 2006 Academy Awards for Best Picture and Best Screenplay, is pictured out of court in Italy with his lawyers.
File Photo: Haggis is pictured on October 16, 2015 arriving at the Rome Film Festival
Do you have a story for MailOnline?
**Have a story for MailOnline? Email firstname.lastname@example.org**
A closed hearing took place on Wednesday in the Brindisi court to decide whether the Canadian – who co-wrote Casino Royale and Quantum of Solace – should be released pending further investigation by Italian police.
A request for release from house arrest was later rejected by an Italian judge and he will have to remain in Italy while the investigation continues.
Prior to his hearing, local media had details of a seven-page memo he allegedly prepared for his lawyer, in which he allegedly alleged that he met the woman at a film festival in Monte Carlo in April and that the two kept in touch through whatsapp.
Haggis claimed that the pair spoke briefly in Monte Carlo and that she expressed a desire to star in the next James Bond movie and later posted a photo with him saying it was “an honor” to meet him.
He then described how the two then met in Ostuni near Brindisi in June and drove to his hotel, where she passionately “kissed” him.
Haggis in the memo goes on to claim that the two had sex after she showered, stressing that it had been consensual and the next day they had gone out together for the Allora Film Festival in Ostuni, where he was a guest. his daughter was present.
He told his lawyer that the woman had “stood” to hold his hand – which he said he was not comfortable with – and that she was upset by his reaction.
Once back in their room he claimed the couple then had sex again by mutual consent, the next day Haggis said he left her because he had a business meeting and she met friends before meeting again that night, according to his leaked statement, where they once again had consensual sex.
In mid-June, he claimed the woman had gone out with friends again, but came back drunk and tried to have sex with him, but he had refused and then began describing what she was the next Bond girl.
The statement then goes on to say that Haggis took the woman to Brindisi airport early the next morning for her flight back to Stansted, where she asked for money, but he refused and drove off.
Haggis wrote the screenplays for the Daniel Craig blockbusters Casino Royale and Quantum of Solace and won an Oscar for his screenplay for the 2004 hit Crash
Staff later found her in a dire condition and the police were called and she told them she had been locked up for the past three days and forced to have sex with Haggis.
The officer tracked him down to his hotel and he was placed under house arrest until his appearance before Judge Vanda Gilli today.
Mr Laforgia maintained that officers had “misinterpreted” the findings of the medical report and that the couple were in fact known to each other and that the sex was consensual.
Haggis wrote, directed and produced Crash, which won the 2006 Academy Awards for Best Picture and Best Screenplay. He also wrote the screenplay for Million Dollar Baby, another Oscar winner.
He has had legal troubles in recent years over allegations of sexual misconduct by four women in the United States, which are yet to be decided in court and which Haggis has denied.
An outside look at the Brindisi court, where the judge will decide whether Haggis can be released pending possible additional investigation
Haggis, who co-wrote, directed and produced Crash, which won the 2006 Academy Awards for Best Picture and Best Screenplay, is pictured with his lawyers outside the court in Italy Haggis is pictured scanning through metal detectors at Brindisi Court in Southern Italy
Last night, Judge Vanda Gilli ruled that he must remain in Italy and another hearing later this month with the woman who must also remain in the country.
Mr Laforgia told Mail Online: ‘The judge has ordered that Mr Haggis be kept under house arrest, but it should be noted that the warrant highlights, as always have emphasized, there is no evidence in the medical examination of bodily harm.
“We also underline once again that the suspect completely denies the charges and that we hope that clarity will soon be cleared up and that he will be released as a result.
“Mr Haggis has answered all of the judge’s questions and needs help to stay in the country for as long as it takes to prove his innocence.”
He added: The ‘Paul Haggis’ defender denies that the text published in part in a newspaper corresponds to the statements that the suspect will make in the interrogation before the investigating judge of Brindisi.
The judgments quoted have been extrapolated from a confidential and confidential note forwarded by Mr Haggis before their detention, in open violation of the confidentiality of private communications and correspondence protected by criminal law, the Italian Constitution and the European Convention on the Protection of Human Rights. human rights.
“For this breach, Mr. Haggis reserves all actions to protect his rights before the appropriate authorities.”
Haggis is accused of sexual assault.
**Have a story for MailOnline? Email email@example.com**
#British #woman #accuses #Oscarwinning #director #Paul #Haggis #rape #asked #role #James #Bond