Jordan De Goey says goodbye to Collingwood personally after Bali scandal

Former Collingwood chairman Eddie McGuire believes Jordan De Goey still has a long way to go, but the club will rally around him.

Collingwood’s Jordan De Goey won’t be lining up next to his teammates this weekend as the Magpies get back into action.

De Goey has been given personal leave from the club after his travel scandal in Bali during the club’s farewell round.

Watch Vixens vs GIANTS in The Suncorp Super Netball Preliminary Finals LIVE & FREE with Kayo Freebies starting 7pm AEST Saturday, June 25. Join Kayo Freebies Now, No Credit Card Required >

The 26-year-old was given a $25,000 suspended fine on Tuesday. a punishment widely labeled as woefully inadequate – na Images appeared of him appearing to try to partially expose a woman’s breast while partying abroad.

He has not been seen at the club since returning from Indonesia on Sunday and on Wednesday evening Collingwood confirmed that he will not face the GWS Giants this weekend.

“The Collingwood Football Club announces that player Jordan De Goey has been given personal leave from the club and will not participate in the Round 15 game against the GWS Giants,” the statement said.

“Jordan was absent from training this week and the club will continue to support him as he returns to the football program.”

Former Collingwood chairman Eddie McGuire says De Goey has been paroled from the club but says the club will rally around him and give him another chance to prove himself.

“I think Collingwood is almost obliged to come together to give this man another chance and for him to prove his bona fide allegiance,” McGuire told Channel 9.

“He is on parole at Collingwood not just for this year but for the rest of his career to leave his career with something to be proud of.

“At the moment he is a long way back, but we hope we can get him there because football is about redemption.”

Collingwood confirmed on Tuesday that it has put contract talks with the talented player on hold until the end of the season after it was announced that the Pies withdrew $3.2 million bid over scandal

De Goey won’t have to pay a cent of his suspended $25,000 fine if he stays out of trouble for the rest of the season, leading pundits to accuse Collingwood of failing to back up his strong words after the club said it ” strongly condemns” the star’s “disrespectful behavior”.

De Goey had previously criticized the media for the storm that erupted during his trip, targeting “the relentless pursuit and persecution of athletes” to “create an uneducated, biased and misinformed narrative that has gone too far”.

The woman next to De Goey in the video, Remy Jackson, also spoke out in defense of him on social media at the weekend.

“Hello everyone, I can’t believe the backlash against Jordy and myself here in Bali…nothing to see here,” Jackson posted on her Instagram story.

However, the footy star showed more remorse in an apology on Tuesday.

“I unreservedly apologize to Collingwood Football Club, its members, supporters and the wider community for my conduct in Bali and I accept full responsibility for my actions,” said De Goey.

“The actions shown in the video footage are disrespectful and I accept that I have violated the club’s trust in me by allowing me to go abroad in the middle of the season.

“I fully accept that as an AFL player I have a unique leadership role in the community and with that role comes responsibility.

“My actions were not up to the standards expected of me as a person, as an AFL football player and as a representative of the Collingwood Football Club.

“I’ve worked hard this year to gain confidence and confidence in me to make better decisions and through no one’s fault but my own, I have undone that confidence.”

#Jordan #Goey #goodbye #Collingwood #personally #Bali #scandal

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *