With many customers upgrading their iPhone every two to three years these days, there are still plenty of iPhone 12 Pro owners who might be interested in upgrading to the iPhone 14 Pro later this year. While iPhone updates are often incremental from year to year, the new features begin to pile up after two generations.
As a refresher, we’ve put together a list of new features and changes to expect when you upgrade from an iPhone 12 Pro to an iPhone 14 Pro. The list includes features Apple added to the iPhone 13 Pro last year and features that are rumored for the iPhone 14 Pro, which Apple is expected to announce in September as usual.
- A16 chip vs A14 chip: The A15 chip in the iPhone 13 Pro is already up to 20% faster than the A14 chip in the 12 Pro, according to Geekbench 5, and performance should improve even more with the A16 chip in the iPhone 14 Pro.
- Brighter screen: Compared to the iPhone 12 Pro, the 14 Pro’s screen should have up to 200 nits higher peak brightness.
- No more notch: Rumors suggest that Apple will replace the notch with a pill-shaped cutout and hole for the Face ID sensors and the front camera on the iPhone 14 Pro.
- Promotion: ProMotion, introduced on the iPhone 13 Pro, provides a variable refresh rate up to 120Hz for smoother content appearance and scrolling.
- Always-on display: Rumors suggest that the iPhone 14 Pro will have an always-on display mode that shows the time, date and iOS 16’s new lock screen widgets.
- Longer battery life: The iPhone 13 Pro can now play video for 22 hours versus 17 hours for the 12 Pro, and rumors suggest iPhone 14 Pro models could have an even greater battery capacity.
- Many camera improvements: iPhone 12 Pro users who upgrade to the 14 Pro will get many camera upgrades, including a rumored 48-megapixel wide-angle rear camera with support for 8K video recording, an improved front camera with autofocus, increased optical zoom, sensor -shift image stabilization, Macro mode, Movie mode, ProRes video recording and more.
- Wi-Fi 6E: iPhone 14 models are rumored to support Wi-Fi 6E, allowing the device to connect to Wi-Fi networks over the 6GHz band.
- 5G improvements: iPhone 13 Pro models have more 5G bands than 12 Pro models for greater 5G coverage, and the iPhone 14 Pro is expected to use Qualcomm’s newer Snapdragon X65 modem for improved 5G performance.
- 1TB storage option: Unlike the iPhone 12 Pro, the 14 Pro should be available with a storage option of at least 1TB.
Do you have an iPhone 11 Pro instead? View our iPhone 11 Pro vs. 14 Pro Comparison†
Apple today launched its annual “Back to School” promotion for college and university students in the United States and Canada. This year’s promotion offers a free Apple gift card with the purchase of an eligible Mac or iPad, instead of free AirPods like last year. Apple is also offering students a 20% discount on AppleCare+ plans during the promotion. Apple is offering a $150 gift card with the purchase…
iPhone 14 Pro models are widely expected to have always-on screens that allow users to view information at a glance without having to tap to wake up the screen. In the latest issue of his Power On newsletter for Bloomberg, Mark Gurman said the feature will bring support for iOS 16’s new lock screen widgets for weather, fitness, and more. “Like the Apple Watch, the iPhone 14 Pro will…
Following the launch of Apple’s new 13-inch MacBook Pro with the M2 chip, the $1,299 base model with 256 GB storage has been found to have significantly slower SSD read/write speeds compared to the equivalent previous-generation model. YouTube channels like Max Tech and Created Tech tested the 256GB model using Blackmagic’s Disk Speed Test app and found that the SSDs read and…
TSMC will manufacture Apple’s upcoming “M2 Pro” and “M3” chips based on the 3nm process, according to Taiwanese industry publication DigiTimes. “Apple has reportedly booked TSMC capacity for its upcoming 3nm M3 and M2 Pro processors,” DigiTimes said in a report targeting competition between chipmakers such as TSMC and Samsung to secure orders for 3nm chips. As expected, the report said that TSMC…
The next-generation AirPods Pro could come with a long list of new features, including heart rate detection, the ability to function as a hearing aid, and a USB-C port, according to a report from 52Audio. The site claims it has received new information about the AirPods Pro 2 and has used that information to provide some renderings of what the earbuds might look like. In terms of design, there is…
Polish developer Michał Gapiński has released a new and improved version of its “Tesla Android Project”, bringing Apple’s CarPlay experience to more Tesla vehicles than ever before. According to Gapiński, version 2022.25.1 offers “100% functional CarPlay integration for every Tesla”, and comes with several new features and bug fixes. The project now supports DRM video playback, so…
#iPhone #Pro #Pro #Features #Expect #Years