Meghan ‘plague’ report BURIED by Buckingham Palace

Buckingham Palace has effectively buried a report on allegations of bullying by the Duchess of Sussex.

Royal officials have admitted for the first time that the findings will never be made public.

A source said last night: “People suspected it was going to be buried, and now it looks like it is”.

The Daily Mail reports that even those who took part in the survey were not told what the outcome would be.

Camera iconPrince Harry and Meghan Markle at Platinum Jubilee. celebrate. Credit: Matt DunhamAP

Palace officials only wanted to confirm that their investigation had been completed and that “recommendations on our policies and procedures” had been implemented.

Royal officials announced in March last year that they were launching an investigation into claims that Meghan’s “disparaging” behavior while a working member of the royal family drove two female personal assistants from the household and “undermined the trust” of a third.

Staff are said to have been left in tears and feeling “traumatized” – some compared their condition to post-traumatic stress.

The Royal Family hired an outside law firm, privately paid by the family, to investigate the claims in a move that some predicted could heighten tensions between Harry and Meghan and “the institution”.

The allegations have always been vigorously denied by the Duchess, whose lawyers at the time described them as a “calculated smear campaign”.

They did not respond to requests for comment yesterday.

Last year, a palace spokesperson made it clear that the details of the allegations — brought to the attention of senior domestic workers at the time by concerned Harry and Meghan’s press secretary Jason Knauf — would not be investigated.

But they said they would investigate how the “historical allegations of bullying” were being handled by officials and whether changes should be made to their HR policies and procedures as a result.

Prince Harry and Meghan Markle, Duke and Duchess of Sussex, attend the opening ceremony of the Invictus Games venue in The Hague on Saturday, April 16, 2022.  The week-long competitions for active servicemen and veterans who are sick, wounded or injured opens Saturday in this Dutch city that calls itself the global center of peace and justice.  (AP Photo/Peter Dejong, Swimming Pool)
Camera iconPrince Harry and Meghan Markle have strongly denied the allegations, claiming they are part of a “smear campaign”. Credit: Peter DejongAP

A spokesperson confirmed that “if” those findings were made public, they would be included in this year’s Sovereign Grant report – the official annual review of the Queen’s public finances and management of her household.

But when she announced the report yesterday, her Master of the Privy Purse, Sir Michael Stevens, said of the inquiry: “There is nothing in the report about this. As we said last year, this work was done privately and no Sovereign Grant was awarded. money spent on.

“The review has been completed and recommendations about our (HR) policy and procedures have been taken up. But we will not go into it further.”

The Mail understands that while the review was completed several months ago, the small handful of former royal staff invited to participate only recently discovered it had been liquidated.

And they are not told what the findings are, or what changes have been made to HR procedures.

“Since those who participated did this at great personal and reputational risk to themselves, the fact that they were not even told what the findings are is unfathomable,” said a source familiar with the trial.

“I’m sure they will be deeply saddened, but perhaps not completely surprised given the way things have been handled. The household seems terrified of upsetting or provoking Harry and Meghan.”

FILE - In this file photo from Tuesday, July 10, 2018, Britain's Queen Elizabeth II, Meghan the Duchess of Sussex and Prince Harry watch a flypast of Royal Air Force planes flying over Buckingham Palace in London.  In a stunning statement, Britain's Prince Harry and his wife Meghan said they plan to "Take a step back" as senior members of the royal family and "work to become financially independent." A statement released by the couple on Wednesday, January 8, 2020 also said they plan to... "balance" their time between the UK and North America.  (AP Photo/Matt Dunham, File)
Camera iconPrince Harry and his wife Meghan are no longer senior royals. Credit: Matt DunhamAP

The issue was raised at a Sovereign Grant briefing which revealed:

  • The Queen’s annual spending rose 17 percent to AUD$180,000 million in 2021/22, forcing officials to dive into savings;
  • The Duke and Duchess of Sussex are now “financially independent”, with royal sources saying this is “a great credit”;
  • Sources said Prince Charles would never accept suitcases of cash again after an argument over charitable donations;
  • The most expensive royal trip of the past year was the flight of the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge to the Caribbean, which cost AUD$400,000;
  • Officials insisted they keep the royal train, despite it being used just six times last year at an average cost of AUD$60,000; Property maintenance rose by AUD$25 million to AUD$112 million as the ten-year project to renovate Buckingham Palace reaches a pivotal stage.

Reports of Meghan’s alleged harassment of staff surfaced just before her explosive Oprah Winfrey interview with Prince Harry early last year.

The palace said it took such claims seriously and promised to investigate.

Prince Harry, left, and Prince William stand together during the unveiling of a statue they have ordered for their mother Princess Diana, on what would have been her 60th birthday, at the Sunken Garden in London's Kensington Palace, Thursday, July 1, 2021 (Dominic Lipinski/Pool Photo via AP)
Camera iconRelations between Prince Harry and Prince William have been frosty. Credit: Dominic LipinskicAP

Last year, however, the Mail noted that only a small number of royal staff – past and present – had been addressed and staff feared it was already being “kicked into the tall grass”.

Those interviewed included two of Meghan’s former personal assistants, another senior female staff member and Cabinet Secretary Simon Case, who was then working as Prince William’s private secretary.

When asked why the report on alleged bullying had not even been circulated privately, a senior royal aide claimed yesterday: “It must be recognized that HR matters involving individuals are private and the individuals who participated in the assessment … right have on that confidentiality.

“Where there were improvements that needed to be made to the policies and procedures, they have been implemented. And those who participated in the review have been informed that the review has been completed and contains recommendations. Due to the confidentiality of the discussions, we have not communicated the detailed recommendations.”

#Meghan #plague #report #BURIED #Buckingham #Palace

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *