The race to land a breakout Docker is heating up, with a club landing a monster deal. But there are doubts about the future of an Essendon superstar after a twist in the pursuit of one club.
Here’s the latest news AFL Trade Whispers!
Watch every blockbuster AFL game Live & Ad-Break Free In-Play on Kayo this weekend. New to Kayo? Start your free trial now >
SUNS SHIPPED ON HEPPELL IF BOYS TRIP CAN PROVE KEY
The Gold Coast Suns’ interest in Bombers skipper Dyson Heppell is “fairly conservative” and no official offer has been made for the 30-year veteran, according to 7 News’ Tom Browne.
Heppell has been given a one-year contract extension from Essendon but could leave the club as an unrestricted free agent. The Suns have been linked with Heppell in recent months, with a two-year offering likely to be followed by a trajectory into coaching.
But Tom Browne told Triple M: ”I’m not sure if there is an offer from the Suns. Some sources even indicate to me that there is no offer and are quite conservative or dismissive even when it comes to their potential interest in Dyson Heppell.
“His position is that he should come back to Essendon in a few weeks to talk about the coaching situation and what’s going on.”
“It sounds more likely that he will stay with the Bombers, but that will not be resolved until he returns from Spain,” he added.
A large group of Bombers players head to the European nation for a season-end trip, with his teammates sure to try to convince their veteran captain to stay on the struggling side.
ACRES OF SPACE BETWEEN CARLTON AND FREO OFFERS
Fremantle winger Blake Acres attracts many suitors after a stellar career year with the Dockers, and Carlton appears to be leading the hunt for his signature.
Joining the Dockers from St Kilda in the 2020 season, Acres has been sensational this campaign despite a hamstring tear in round 13.
The Dockers are keen to keep him, with the 26-year-old reportedly offered a two-year deal worth between $200,000 and $300,000 a year, according to The Western Australian.
The outlet reports that Carlton has been offered a three-year deal worth around $350,000 a year, leading North Melbourne and Geelong in the race for a player who has flourished this campaign down the flanks.
The Dockers’ strong midfielders have given Fremantle a tough balancing act on their future roster – and Acres’ departure could pave the way for talented youngsters to gain more minutes.
SCOTT FATHER-SON SWAP SET
North Melbourne winger Bailey Scott has been linked with a move to the Geelong Cats four years after opting for the other side his father also represented.
The 22-year-old was selected as the father-son pick by the Kangaroos in the 2018 Draft, and has been a standout for the club this year, with a career-high 18 disposals per game.
The Herald Sun is reporting that the 46-game rising star will turn down a multi-year offer from North to move to Kardinia Park — the opposite direction father Robert Scott took after nine seasons with the Cats.
BLUES ‘ALL OVER’ CROW AS SCOUTING RAID REVEALED
21-year-old Crows defender Fisher McAsey is being adjusted for a move to Carlton after being frozen out of the Adelaide squad.
The No. 6 pick in the 2019 Draft has not played for the seniors since 10 games at the start of 2020, but last year turned down his native Victoria’s reported interest in signing a new two-year deal.
Despite being left with that deal for another year, the Crows 197cm prospect has been linked with a move to Carlton, which will Herald Sun reports have sent list boss Nick Austin in recent weeks to scout McAsey in the SANFL.
“Carlton, they’re all over Fischer McAsey,” RSN’s Mark Stevens said recently. “I think he will be with the Blues next year.
“They need some more key defensive stocks. I think they need quality defenders… they probably need another one.”
LUCK OF THE IRISH FOR JOYCE
Irishman Darragh Joyce could be given an AFL lifeline after being dropped by St Kilda on Friday.
The 25-year-old made three appearances for the Saints this season and 13 in total in six seasons at St Kilda, after making a code change from hurling in 2016.
A strong season in the VFL wasn’t enough to convince the Saints to offer him a new contract, but AFL.com.au reports that there is interest from across the league in picking up the key defender as a delisted free agent.
#Leader #emerges #tense #race #Freo #gun #mystery #future #Bomber #Trade #Whispers